The Apple Pie Project Begins the Week of 9/17/23! Please sign up HERE!
We need your help to make the 300+ pies for this fall’s Apple Pie Fundraiser! No experience necessary…training and camaraderie will be provided! FPC’s apple pies are a long-standing tradition as a fundraiser, fun group project, and culinary delight and require lots of volunteers to make it successful.
Wednesday: Dough making (9/20, 9/27, 10/4, and 10/11)
Contact June Mallon - email@example.com – if you are interested. We prefer 2-3 members of a single family unit sign up together. Volunteers will be asked to wear masks while in the building.
Tuesday or Wednesday: Apple collecting (9/19-20, 9/26-27, 10/3-4, and 10/10-11)
Contact Steve Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information and to get official bags and directions. Please deposit your bags of apples into the bins located IN FRONT OF THE CARRIAGE SHED.
Wednesday/Thursday: Apple peeling/prep (9/20-21, 9/27-28, 10/4-5, and 10/11-12)
- Please sign up online and indicate how many bags of apples you intend to peel.
- Apples can be picked up on Wednesday afternoons after 4 pm or Thursdays. PLEASE ONLY TAKE AS MANY BAGS AS YOU SIGNED UP TO TAKE.
- The apples will be located in bins located IN FRONT OF THE CARRIAGE SHED.
- Volunteers are asked to take the apples home, wash them, peel them, core them, and cut them into pie slices. It is important to remove ALL skin, inner tough membranes, and seeds (otherwise the bakers have to do further work and baking is slowed down). Bags will be provided for storage of the cleaned apple slices.
- The Vestry has been reserved from 6 to 9 pm each week for folks who want to peel with other people at church.
- Drop off bags of prepared apple slices in the bins at the church before 9 pm Thursday. (NOTE: If you peel your apples on Wednesday, please refrigerate them until you deliver them on Thursday.)
Friday Morning: Baking (9/22, 9/29, 10/6, and 10/13)
Sign up and come as early as you are able (baking set up starts at 6:30 am and volunteer work continues until the pies are all assembled…usually around 10-11 am). If you can only come for part of the shift, that’s ok…every bit helps. All TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED.
Friday Evening: Bagging (9/22, 9/29, 10/6, and 10/13)
Bagging will take place in the Fellowship Hall after 7 pm, when the pies are fully cooled. New folks will be trained and gloves will be provided.
Selling (9/23-24, 9/30-10/1, 10/7-8, and 10/14-15)
We will sell out of our pie shed again this year. Pies will be $18.
The first week of sales will coincide with our Yard Sale on Sat. 9/23/23; the second with a baked goods event on Sat. 9/30/23; and the third with a book sale on Sat. 10/7/23.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns regarding the plans for the apple pie project this year, please reach out to the Pie Project Coordinator, Rebecca Stadolnik, at email@example.com.