Rain or Shine!
White Elephant starting 9am
The Harvest Fair is fast approaching and we need YOU to make this Harvest Fair a success! Here’s a quick overview of what to expect, and the many volunteer opportunities…
Baked Goods Table: Home-made pies, jams, pickles, breads, coffee cakes, cookies, and much, much more.
We need…one donation of a delicious item from everyone. Please label your item and specify dietary information such as “contains nuts” or “gluten-free.” Drop-off Friday night or early Saturday morning.
Books: We offer all types of books!
We need… book donations (No encyclopedia sets, magazines or textbooks). Look for information on book drop-off, but please do not leave in /outside the Shed.
White Elephant: Looking for a treasure you can’t live without? Well, we have it!
We need…gently used, CLEAN, and UNBROKEN donations. Returning this year will be a “White Boutique Table,” featuring more valuable items. Please stay tuned for donation details, including drop-off hours starting in September, as well as how to sort your donations and label your boxes. Compliance with our system will save us time and is deeply appreciated.
Children’s Games:Children’s Games at the Fair are a great way for children to have fun while the adults browse and spend money.
We need… small, no-longer-wanted “treasures” for prizes. Please collect in a small box or bag with your name inside and bring to the Fair table at coffee hour during September.
Coffee Stand:Coffee, cider, donuts and FPC homemade Apple Pie (pieces or whole pie).
Craft Table: Pick out a special homemade gift at the Craft table.
We need…hand-made craft items and used jewelry. The Craft crew has been busy making crafts and coming up with new items to sell at this year’s Fair. Please watch for details about how you can donate your craft items.
Lunch: Hamburgers, hot dogs, barbequed chicken, veggie burgers and loads of side dishes. Plan to eat lunch at the Fair!
We need…Many yummy side dishes that serve 10-12 such as salads (pasta, vegetable, leafy greens, potato, coleslaw.) vegetable casseroles, or baked beans (vegetarian and with meat). Sign-up to bring a side dish at the Fair table at Coffee Hour.
Electronic Media and Devices Table: For your every tech-y, gadget-y need!
We need…commercially produced CDs, DVDs, and VHS Tapes and Electronic devices in working condition only. We are looking for Stereos, MP3 players, Radios, electronic gadgets and video games. We can sell Macs, PCs, scanners and printers newer than 3 years. NO Typewriters, TV sets, or CRT tube type monitors. Please don’t burden the church with the expense of disposal of old TVs, computers and electronic devices, large out-of-date speakers. Please drop the items off in Fellowship Hall on Friday evening, October 5. Do not put Media Table items in the Shed.
Raffle: Continuing this year, we will have a 50/50 raffle! Buy a ticket (or a few!) for your chance to win HALF of the total raffle sales!
As you can see we need many hands to staff the Fair…VOLUNTEERS for the day of the Fair is one of our biggest needs. Please sign-up early!! Sign-up will be at the Fair table at Coffee Hour in September or look for the fpcannounce messages.
- Set-Up: White Elephant set-up will start on Friday at 10AM. General set up will be Friday evening starting 6PM and Saturday starting at 7AM. Pizza and drinks will be provided on Friday night.
- Baked Goods Table: For 9-11, 11-1 and 1-3 shifts.
- Books: Extra set-up help starting at 3 PM on Friday. Day-of Fair cashier and sales volunteers for 9-11, 11-1 and 1-3 shifts.
- White Elephant: For 9-11, 11-1 and 1-3 shifts.
- Children’s Games: For 9-11, 11-1 and 1-3 shifts (Calling all Youth volunteers!!).
- Coffee Stand:For 9-11, 11-1 and 1-3 shifts.
- Craft Table: For 9-11, 11-1 and 1-3 shifts.
- Lunch: Servers and a cashier for each one-hour shift, Choose a shift of 1 hour or more - 11-12 (set-up, serve or cashier), 12-1(serve or cashier), 1-2 (serve or cashier) or 2-3 (clean-up).
- Electronic Media and Devices Table: For 9-11, 11-1 and 1-3 shifts.
- Raffle: For 9-11, 11-1 and 1-3 shifts.
- Parking:For 9-11, 11-1 and 1-3 shifts.
- Set-Up: Friday daytime, Friday evening (6-9PM) and Saturday morning (7-10AM)
- Clean-Up: From 3-5
- Recycling Brigade:For 9-11, 11-1 and 1-3, and 3-5 shifts.
This is a family event for FPC and the larger community. Bring your children, parents, neighbors and friends. Enjoy the day, shop, eat lunch, and feel good about being part of our FPC fundraiser!